Paga is a licensed financial services company and a leading payments company in Nigeria with a massive transformative purpose – to make it simple for one billion people to access and use money. It was founded on the simple belief that the ubiquity of mobile phones can be leveraged in building an ecosystem that enables people to digitally send and receive money and creating simple financial access for everyone.
BE THE FIRST TO GET LATEST JOB ALERTSEnter your email address to subscribe to latest Jobs notifications via your email
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR WHATSAPP GROUP FOR LATEST JOBS UPDATES
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior HR Business Partner
Location: Yaba, Lagos.
Sector: Financial Services
Department: Human Capital
Career Level: Senior Associate
Reports to: Head, Human Capital
About the Role
- Paga is looking for a Senior HR Business Partner to support our organisation in solving organisational challenges through people-based solutions and in identifying ways to scale our unique culture as we grow.
- The successful candidate for this position will manage Human Resource programs that support business objectives and will provide valuable input to the strategic direction of the Human Capital team & departmental functions.
- The Senior HR Business Partner will work collaboratively towards developing a best in class HR function and develop initiatives that will ensure Paga becomes an employer of choice.
- Providing strategy, direction and leadership to ensure successful implementation of human capital initiatives across operations.
- Take a broad / long term perspective and proactively identify complex organizational challenges and think systemically. Identify and offer multiple creative solutions and drive implementation.
- Leading an integration strategy to support the organisational change efforts that are focused on building and fostering an inclusive culture and strong team member experience.
- Partnering with your function to offer solutions and ensure HR policies are in line with business goals.
- Prepare presentations and data / insights analysis working with other HRBPs and subject matter experts as required.
- Providing performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counselling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Managing and resolving complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Consult and offer advice and drive improvements within your partnered teams.
- Provides guidance and input on department structure, workforce planning and succession planning for a rapidly growing team.
- Maintain awareness of the culture, plans, financial position, and competition of the business units under the HR purview.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance, consulting with Legal where necessary.
- Collaborate with colleagues in the human resources department to develop policies, programs, and solutions
- Analyze data trends and metrics to inform business decisions
- Mediate and resolve employee relations issues; conduct thorough and objective investigations when necessary
- Find ways to build morale, improve workplace relationships, and boost productivity and retention.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of a 2:1 in Human Resources, Social Sciences or in a discipline
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant work experience
- Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others
- At least 7 years of relevant experience in multiple HR disciplines, including performance management, building a high-performance culture, employee relations, employee engagement, diversity.
- Must have completed the mandatory NYSC
- Experience working in a global or multi-region capacity, with strong cross-cultural sensitivities.
- Strong professionalism and exceptional stakeholder management skills to partner with senior team members.
- Demonstrated capability to build the reputation of a trusted advisor to leadership and employees.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills; sharp business acumen.
- Keen to continue learning and developing their skillset, having a growth mindset.
- Experience with HRIS tools, BambooHR specifically, is a plus.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices.