Paga is a licensed financial services company and a leading payments company in Nigeria with a massive transformative purpose – to make it simple for one billion people to access and use money. It was founded on the simple belief that the ubiquity of mobile phones can be leveraged in building an ecosystem that enables people to digitally send and receive money and creating simple financial access for everyone.
BE THE FIRST TO GET LATEST JOB ALERTSEnter your email address to subscribe to latest Jobs notifications via your email
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR WHATSAPP GROUP FOR LATEST JOBS UPDATES
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: General Manager, Brand Strategy & Marketing – Paga Nigeria
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Sector: Consumer Financial Services
Career Level: Senior Manager, Grade 13 or 14
Reports to: Paga Nigeria CEO
Experience: Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience
About the Role
- The GM, Brand Marketing & Strategy will be a member of Paga Nigeria’s leadership team and play a critical role in scaling Paga. To align with our approach, you would need to embody a storytelling, data-driven, targeted and brand-building approach to marketing.
- You will drive the overall proactive and strategic brand effort to grow the value of the brand and support the business lines in achieving the set revenue targets, while enhancing the ability, capacity and productivity of your team.
- In leading the marketing operations, you will also be responsible for the company’s media and industry relations, advertising, interactive programs, corporate communications as well as market and customer research.
- To be successful in this role you must be comfortable building, leading, and scaling a fully integrated marketing team that drives significant work internally versus leveraging agencies all the time
- You will be responsible for developing and executing marketing strategies that effectively communicate the strengths of Paga’s products and programs to enhance the company’s overall positioning in the market.
- You will be adept with consumer marketing across integrated touch points and will be top-most responsible for our brand and building the customer use of our platform. This means responsibility for all our marketing activity ranging from brand positioning, “Above-the-line” marketing, “Below-the-line” marketing, Trade marketing, and Press.
- As part of the marketing operations, you will take care of the company’s media and industry relations, advertising, interactive programs, corporate communications as well as market and customer research.
- The Marketing Manager will be primarily responsible for our customer acquisition numbers. Marketing responsibilities include leading sub-teams in the development and execution of trade shows exhibitions, partnerships, sponsorships, online & offline promotions and web community management. You must ensure that the company’s branding comes across in all media.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- The candidate must have proven success, at different levels, in brand strategy, campaign development, corporate identity definition, product strategy & marketing, digital and social, integrated marketing, performance marketing, agency management, partnerships, public relations, Corporate communication, budget management, media planning, customer relationship management and experiential.
- The candidate will be responsible for leading cross functional teams at the intersection of product and marketing, to drive business growth through:
- Inbound Product Marketing (Voice of customer, Design Thinking, Qual/Quant, Product – Market fit)
- Outbound Product Marketing (GTM planning, Launch management)
- Growth initiatives (Conversion improvement, User journey analysis, Product / Marketing experiments)
- Consumer Marketing (Acquisition & Lifecycle marketing, Creative & Media planning, agency management)
- The ideal candidate should have 8-10 years within a consumer-focused sector such as FMCG. In addition, the candidate will have brand marketing experience along with a demonstrated track record of success launching new brands into the Nigerian market and performance. This leadership position requires the ability to launch a new brand, understand changing market dynamics, and translate them into actionable strategy and implementing the strategy to achieve pre-set objectives as determined by the marketing plan.
- The candidate will join a management team that is high energy with a strong drive to win against the competition.
- Puts people first and focuses on developing the people who report into you.
- Takes initiative and ownership – does not wait to be told what needs to be done but drives strategy, implementation, and reporting of success
- Has a strong orientation to attention to detail
- Strong focus on metrics to prove success of campaigns
- Flexibility -a willingness to test ideas quickly, fail quickly, and re-calibrate.
- MBA or advanced degree preferred
- Entrepreneurial and analytical; effective at managing change in a fast-moving and constantly evolving business
- Demonstrated ability to build and lead a fully integrated marketing team
- Experience working in a fast-paced and high growth environment,
- Experience with direct to consumer marketing
- Proven ability to leverage analytics to inform and influence decision-making
- Relevant experience as a marketing professional, primarily in an FMCG with a career mix of start-ups and highly recognized consumer brands known for outstanding, creative, and low-cost marketing strategies
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated skills in managing multiple projects successfully
- Outstanding presentation skills and analytical ability
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org