The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with – changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.
BE THE FIRST TO GET LATEST JOB ALERTSEnter your email address to subscribe to latest Jobs notifications via your email
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR WHATSAPP GROUP FOR LATEST JOBS UPDATES
We work with over 100 countries across the world in the fields of arts and culture, English language, education and civil society. Each year we reach over 20 million people face-to-face and more than 500 million people online, via broadcasts and publications. Founded in 1934, we are a UK charity governed by Royal Charter and a UK public body.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Assurance Manager
Location: Lagos or Abuja
Pay band: 6
Department: English and Exams
Contract type: Locally Engaged
The British Council builds connections, understanding and trust between people in the UK and other countries through arts and culture, education and the English language. We work in two ways – directly with individuals to transform their lives, and with governments and partners to make a bigger difference for the longer term, creating benefit for millions of people all over the world. We help young people to gain the skills, confidence and connections they are looking for to realise their potential and to participate in strong and inclusive communities. We support them to learn English, to get a high-quality education and to gain internationally recognised qualifications. Our work in arts and culture stimulates creative expression and exchange and nurtures creative enterprise. We connect the best of the UK with the world and the best of the world with the UK.
These connections lead to an understanding of each other’s strengths and of the challenges and values that we share. This builds trust between people in the UK and other nations which endures even when official relations may be strained. We work on the ground in more than 100 countries. In 2019-20 we connected with 80 million people directly and with 791 million overall, including online and through our broadcasts and publications.
- To advocate and advise on corporate and awarding body requirements and risk mitigation measures for all Exams products in designated geographies within the country, resulting in increased levels of compliance and improved risk management.
Opportunities / Challenges:
- Ensure corporate and awarding body compliance standards for all products and risk management measures are advocated and embedded throughout the Country in general, and in particular geographies agreed for specific targeted support within Country.
- Ensure the exams incident management/response process is embedded in the specific country of focus, so that incidents are managed efficiently, timely and professionally to instil awarding body confidence.
- English Proficiency
- Degree level education
- Experience of contributing to a geographically dispersed team (e.g. across a large country)
- Successful demonstration of adhering to corporate and external compliance frameworks and standards.
- Involvement in the deployment of business assurance and compliance approaches.
- Knowledge of a wide range of distribution, partnership and British Council Exams products, and their delivery and security needs.
- Good relationship and stakeholder management skills
- Professional qualification in related field
Application Closing Date
27th November, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Candidates must have the current legal right to live and work in Nigeria.