The Islamic Development Bank Group (IsDBG) on 1st April 2020 signed the Framework Agreement with the Federal Republic of Nigeria (represented by Federal Ministry of Finance) regarding the support in the implementation of the BRAVE Women Nigeria Program funded by Women Entrepreneurship Finance Initiative (We-Fi), administered by the World Bank. In 2019, prior to signing the agreement, IsDBG officially appointed Bank of Industry (BoI) as the Local Execution Agency (LEA). BRAVE Women Nigeria Project is to be implemented in Edo, Kano and Gombe States.
BE THE FIRST TO GET LATEST JOB ALERTSEnter your email address to subscribe to latest Jobs notifications via your email
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR WHATSAPP GROUP FOR LATEST JOBS UPDATES
Bank of Industry (BoI) engaged W-Holistic Business Solutions to support the Program on Component 6: Set-Up & Capacity Building of a Project Management Unit (PMU) for Business Resilience Assistance for Value-Added Enterprises (BRAVE) Women in Nigeria.
Within this Component is the filling of the vacant 2.5 Years Contract position (subject to a possible extension of 6 months for project close-out) in the PMU as follows:
Job Title: Administrative & Procurement Officer
- BRAVE Women Nigeria Project focuses on developing and increasing the economic opportunities for female entrepreneurs through skills training aimed at business viability (i.e. profitability) in targeted country-specific value chains. It will enhance the bankability, entrepreneurial, and market development skills of female owned/led Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) that are critical to sustainable local growth and job creation. Furthermore, it will promote pro-poor growth by targeting the value chain in the market segments and sectors where the majority of the poor earn their living, and tackle gender disparities in economic opportunities by targeting women entrepreneurs.
- All Officers will work under the direction of the Project Manager and provide technical assistance to ensure that the BRAVE Women Nigeria Project’s mission, goals and operations are achieved on time, on budget and within scope.
- The Administrative & Procurement Officer will assist with planning, coordination, implementation, monitoring and reporting of the project.
- S/he will support preparation of financial and budget reports, develop procedures and guidelines for all activities, monitor project activity budgets, maintain accurate financial records on project activities, monitor transactions to ensure compliance with donor-regulations, prepare invoices and withdrawal applications, coordinate project audits and other tasks as required.
S/he will provide support for the following tasks:
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide day-to-day administrative and office management support to the entire PMU
- Maintain an easily accessible, updated, transparent, accurate filing system for all PMU documents
- Supporting staff and partners with budget matters
- Maintain all project inventory, ensuring updated inventory lists and asset registers
- Arrange for venues, set up team meetings, record meeting minutes and allocate actions
- Prepare high quality presentations and reports
- Make travel arrangements for the PMU upon request as well as for invited stakeholders
- Provide responses to ad hoc requests for information on projects by all relevant stakeholders
- Assist the MEAL Officer to maintain relevant project data in various systems and in particular the project’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system and dashboard
- Assist the Project’s Finance/Accounting Officer in any required financial affairs including the maintaining of petty cash, preparing vouchers, cashbook, etc.
- Support the planning, implementation and monitoring of Procurement activities in line with the Procurement Framework.
- Carry out additional duties to support the smooth operations and management of PMU
- A graduate degree in Business Administration, Management, Project Management or any other related field. A Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in Project Administration with at least three (3) years demonstrable experience in Procurement combined with technical knowledge in this area preferably with NGOs, bilateral or multilateral developmental agencies.
- Dynamic professional with experience in project administration, planning and coordination.
- Strong project administration, communication and reporting skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with multi-disciplinary teams and stakeholder groups
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proficient in the use of different project management software and the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.).
- Fast learner, able to adapt and multitask, self-motivated, pro-active, detail-oriented, efficient, reliable and creative.
- Ability to communicate in English (written and oral). Working knowledge of other Nigerian languages is an asset.
Application Closing Date
Thursday, 26th November, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: email@example.com with the Job Title as subject of the email.