Paystack’s mission is to help merchants in Africa get paid by anyone, anywhere in the world. Over 60,000 of some of the notable corporations and business in Nigeria and Africa use Paystack’s modern payments infrastructure, including MTN, UPS, FilmHouse Cinemas, Smile Communications, Air Peace Airlines, AXA Mansard Insurance, and many others.
BE THE FIRST TO GET LATEST JOB ALERTSEnter your email address to subscribe to latest Jobs notifications via your email
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR WHATSAPP GROUP FOR LATEST JOBS UPDATES
Within a little over 5 years, our close-knit team has introduced a steady cadence of innovations within the Nigerian system, such as automated recurring payments, the ability for customers to pay with only a bank account, automated chargebacks, and much more. We process well over $150 million in transactions monthly, and our double-digit growth has us processing even more every month. In addition, we’re now operational in two other countries, Ghana and South Africa, and launching in Kenya and Cote d’Ivoire in the near future.
At Paystack, we believe that we will win by recruiting talented people and giving them the space, resources, and support to do the best work of their lives. We hire the most capable people, treat them with genuine respect, and give them the means to succeed. And we’d love your help!
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Treasury Officer
About the Treasury Role
- We are looking for a dynamic and critical thinking professional who can provide experienced support to the Treasury team lead and supervise junior team members, having a proven ability to work with minimal supervision. The successful candidate will need to be an independent, high achieving individual, able to stand out in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment. Paystack is a fast-growing company, expanding rapidly across Africa. This role will involve supporting our treasury operations as we scale.
- Your primary duties will include assistance with daily treasury management, including building systems and processes to manage liquidity, processor receivables and merchant settlement reconciliation, liaising with 3rd party providers (e.g. Banks), resolving merchant queries, and producing daily and monthly reporting as required.
- You should have an in-depth understanding of transactional payment processes, be solution oriented and apply a high level of rigor and attention to detail to your work, be able to multi-task and reprioritize workstreams according to rapidly changing developments, and have a strong sense of ownership and responsibility.
- This role is full-time and will be based in any of our offices in Africa – Accra, Cape Town, Abidjan, or Lagos. Please ensure you are permitted to legally work in your preferred location as Paystack will not provide a work visa. You will report to our Treasury Team Lead.
What you’ll be doing
- Design systems and data flows to support Treasury’s fund flows in our various markets
- Liaise with Accounting, Engineering, and other internal teams to ensure timely settlements and appropriate checks and balances
- Build custom reports to track key metrics on a daily and monthly basis
- Empower other team members with data, and investigate business questions
- Conduct deep dive analysis addressing key business questions and presenting them to stakeholders
- Develop and implement Treasury policies, procedures, and controls
- Ensure regulatory compliance in our processes
- Managing bank and processor relationships
- Support overall department goals and objectives
- Fulfil other ad-hoc finance requests as requested by management.
What it takes to succeed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, Finance or Management
- You have a minimum 5 years of finance experience within a multinational business or top tier Investment Bank
- You have the ability to turn large data sets into meaningful insights
- You are highly proficient in MS Excel
- You have fantastic written and spoken communication skills
- You are able to work collaboratively across departmental functions
- You have a strong knowledge of risk management and banking relationships
- You have the appetite to jump headfirst into a fast-moving, fast-growing, mission-driven team that values creativity and output
- A demonstrated ability to manage and deliver on multiple projects with a high attention to detail.
While this is NOT strictly required, it would be a plus if you:
- Have previous experience in the banking, payments, or credit card industry
- Have experience with SQL
- Have experience in a high-growth start-up.
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working environment
- Housing/car assistance
- Full medical coverage
- Pension contributions
- Gym membership
- Macbook pro
- Free lunch.
Application Closing Date
24th November, 2020 by 11:59 PM.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Instructions – Read carefully!
- To apply, click the “Apply for this job” button
- Complete all the required questions
- Paystack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind.
- We’re committed to providing employees with a work environment that is progressive and open-minded.
- Our employment philosophy is to hire the best people and empower them to do the best work of their lives.
- Employment decisions are based on business needs and individual merit without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, nationality, marital status, gender or age.
- Questions? Please contact email@example.com.