Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
BE THE FIRST TO GET LATEST JOB ALERTSEnter your email address to subscribe to latest Jobs notifications via your email
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR WHATSAPP GROUP FOR LATEST JOBS UPDATES
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Complaints & Feedback Officer
- To be responsible for working with programme staffs and beneficiaries to develop structure and methods for managing the complaints and feedback in the field as well as maintaining the integrity of information received. This role will also involve management of CRM database by ensuring proper documentation and aggregation of CRM data including complaints received, investigated and responded to as well as providing detailed summaries of complaints issues to feedback to the program team during monthly and quarterly meetings/reports.
Dimension of Role
- Communicates widely within Plan International Nigeria across Plan International and with implementing partners.
- The post holder with support from the M&E coordinator will ensure the collection of quality complain and feedback across the response.
- The post holder will interface and support programme team members, support programme coordination and policy engagement. The role requires strong facilitation and organisational skills along with the ability to analyse and communicate complex CRM system.
- Provide guidance and technical support to the implementing project team, in all phases of the project cycle.
- Develop two months activity implementation plan with the project team.
- Lead/organize regular monitor visits and if required project action plans revisions and modifications.
- Ensure compliance with donor rules and regulations.
- Working with M&E Coordinator, ensure adequate data capturing of project beneficiaries.
Information and Coordination:
- Liaise and provide project updates and reports on a frequent basis and whenever required and agreed as per FAD to the line manager.
- Organize and attend regular meetings with donor and other key stakeholders.
- Represent Plan International Nigeria in coordination meetings (CPSS, GBVSS, etc.).
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in Management, Social Research, and Development Studies or a related field or comparable addition to experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Minimum of 2 years proven experience in accountability especially feedback mechanisms concepts and international humanitarian quality standards.
- Previous experience of working with NGOs.
- Experience in implementation of accountability and complaints reporting mechanisms in Nigeria.
- Experience in developing and/or managing complaints reporting mechanisms for food and cash transfer programs.
- Understand key concepts and commitments regarding accountability to affected populations (AAP), including Strong understanding of HAP, Do No Harm and other relevant global standards.
- Ethical, focused on treating complainants/ community fairly and culturally sensitive.
- Innovative and solutions-oriented.
- Building collaborative relationships with beneficiaries and the community.
- Proven interest & commitment to humanitarian and development principles and demonstrable understanding of conflict/post conflict development contexts.
- Sound analytical, conceptual and strategic thinking skills.
- Excellent communication skills and experience in report writing.
- Proficiency in English, Hausa and Kanuri languages both spoken and written.
- Understanding of monitoring processes, learning, adaptation and evaluation
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Application Closing Date
30th November, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Plan International Nigeria is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or disabilities. Plan International Nigeria is fully committed to child protection to prevent children from all forms of abuse. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.